Steps to Check the Status of Your Commercial Vehicle Insurance Online
Whether you own a vehicle for your personal use or commercial purposes, purchasing an insurance policy is mandatory by Indian Motor Vehicles Act. When you purchase an insurance policy for your vehicle, such as a commercial vehicle insurance policy for your commercial vehicle, or renew an existing policy, it will be updated on the official transportation management and service website of the Indian government. You can check the status of your purchased or renewed auto insurance policy from there by following the simple steps.
Validity of motor insurance
All commercial vehicle insurance policies are valid. Generally, the insurance plan for a commercial vehicle is valid for one year only. You must renew this insurance policy before the end of this period to continue coverage. In addition to losing coverage, renewing your auto insurance after the expiration date can cause you financial and legal problems. Hence it is of prime importance to ensure timely vehicle insurance renewal.
If you do not know the validity of your commercial auto insurance policy or would like to know the status of your auto insurance policy online, you can do the following things to check your policy status:
- Check your commercial vehicle insurance policy documents.
- Call your insurance provider’s customer support number and ask about your commercial vehicle insurance expiration date.
- If you purchased your commercial auto insurance from an insurance agent, you can ask them about the expiration date of your commercial auto insurance policy.
- Visit the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) website and check the status of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- You can check the status of your commercial vehicle insurance policy online on the Parivahan Sewa website.
- You can check your policy status by visiting the Regional Transportation Office website.
Steps to check commercial motor insurance status on the Parivahan Sewa website
Parivahan Sewa is a centralized website made by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. This website stores vehicle data. Whenever an auto insurance policy is purchased or renewed, it will be updated on its website within two days.
Follow these steps to check the status of a commercial vehicle insurance policy online on the Parivahan Sewa website:
- Visit the official website of the Transport Service.
- Under the ‘Information Service’ option on this website, select ‘Find your vehicle details’ from the drop-down menu.
- This will redirect you to the Vahan NR e-Services page.
- Enter your registered mobile number to login.
- After that, enter the registration number of your commercial vehicle and the verification code displayed on the page.
- Click on ‘Search Vehicle’.
- The details of your commercial vehicle along with its insurance policy expiry date will be shown on this page.
The online way to interact with your policy is efficient and fast thereby reducing processing time for insurance claim. Every new age insurance provider aims to provide the best after sales service to its customers. This level of service is achievable through digital infrastructure. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please read sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.